Fodder flyby!!! (And landing?)

Public discussion topics
fodder

Fodder flyby!!! (And landing?)

Post by fodder » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:48 am

Guys, I cannot say how happy I am to see members of the 1st still active. I have just built a new PC and been playing some DCS by my lonesome and I thought, maybe I should see what sort of wings are around. Through research I saw that the 1st had (somewhat?) survived albeit in a DCS-Hornet-ified form. In a forum post on another DCS Hornet VFW with a few ex-1VFWers I saw them mention the 440th and I came straight away!

I see a lot of familiar names on the Member list, I've missed you guys!

Nick

Certifications

Flight Activity

Re: Fodder flyby!!! (And landing?)

Post by Nick » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 am

Hey Fodder, good to see you around. Runway 18 looks clear and visibility is fantastic. Happy landing! ;)

Stalker

Post by Stalker » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 pm

The water at EOR 36 is warm and the jets are on (pun intended). Come take a soak, but trunks required 😜
BMS/F16 MP HOURS: 1000 +
Ryzen7 1700x 8-cores liquid cooled / GTX 1080Ti 11GB / 250GB SSD / 2TB HD / 32GB DDR4 / Asus Predator 35" Curved 200hz G-SYNC / TIR5 / Falcon Wife = Happy Life

fodder

Post by fodder » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Ha! Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Derk
Instructor Pilot

Certifications

Flight Activity

Post by Derk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi Fodder. Thanks for stopping by and checking things out.

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Post by Tyrant » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 am

Hey Fodder! Nice to hear from you! Hope all is well.

fodder

Post by fodder » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:29 pm

TYRANT!!! Yes!!! Hey man how are you???

I'm good, I'm in the middle of a move to Seattle so a little stressed but have been pretty psyched about the prospect of flying again! I had no idea what happened to the 1st, it seemed to just dissipate and I didn't hear from anyone so I was happy to see everyone land on their feet (landing gear)

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Post by Tyrant » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Yeah, moving sucks. Hope it goes as smoothly as possible!

Things for me have been pretty busy, but just in the two-kids-young-enough-to-need-help-and-old-enough-to-have-a-bajillion-activities sort of way. No complaints (other than the school start time for the older one, I guess). Work is great. Still hacking Clojure.

The 1st is very much still alive and well: any rumors of their demise are completely false. They just moved to DCS and the Hornet. Hence why we are here. It was an amicable parting.

Definitely stay in touch - we'd love to have you join us when you get settled.

fodder

Post by fodder » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:37 pm

This is an extradited move too; corporate though so we don't have to do much, but I signed papers a couple weeks ago and we hit the road for Seattle next Saturday so it's been a whirlwind.

I'm sad I will be leaving the world of Clojure, at least professionally (I just built this in re-frame to help me compute QFE when flying the Viggen I purchased on winter sale), I never got that FTE job at Cognitect I always dreamed about ;) Unless I can convince my new coworkers that Go is not-good and Clojure is the way to go.

Would love to run through IQT (hopefully a much smoother process than my first!!!) again when settled, I've been flying a bit and even done some online with the folks at the Falcon Lounge and it is very much like riding a bicycle, it's all coming back.

Except for boresighting Mavericks, that will forever elude me.

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Post by Tyrant » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:16 pm

fodder wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:37 pm
I'm sad I will be leaving the world of Clojure, at least professionally (I just built this in re-frame to help me compute QFE when flying the Viggen I purchased on winter sale), I never got that FTE job at Cognitect I always dreamed about ;) Unless I can convince my new coworkers that Go is not-good and Clojure is the way to go.
Cool app! But hey, BMS is written in C++, so you can still make cool stuff even in terrible languages. :)
fodder wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:37 pm
Except for boresighting Mavericks, that will forever elude me.
Haha. For me it's Delilah. Some day....

Derk
Instructor Pilot

Certifications

Flight Activity

Post by Derk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Would love to run through IQT (hopefully a much smoother process than my first!!!) again when settled,
IQT is open for cadets when you're ready. We'll even get your bore-sighting working smooth!

Good luck with the move.

fodder

Post by fodder » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:24 am

Thanks Derk, leaving rainy Philadelphia (Average annual precipitation - rainfall: 41.45 inch) for sunny Seattle (Average annual precipitation - rainfall: 37.13 inch).