Operation Harlequin - ITO 1980

Wing flight planning and after action reports. Planning for other community flights too.
Archer

Flight Activity

Certifications

Operation Harlequin - ITO 1980

Post by Archer » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:15 am

Operation Harlequin

Tactical Situation

In a Blitzkrieg scenario, IDF forces supported by US forces are pushing north into Syria's territory from the ground, while also securing the town of Sur via an amphibious assault (753rd Amphibian Assault Battalion) hours ago, and are now attempting a pincer movement with the goal to separate the Syrian forces south of Sur from their main force to the north.

To avoid being cut-off, Syrian forces currently engaged at the FLOT are attempting to perform a tactical retreat to the North, being supported by the 1st Syrian Air Defense Battalion - consisting of SA-2 and short range weapons, currently forbidding IDF / NATO aircraft to properly provide Close Air Support and Air Interdiction feet dry to the north of the FLOT.

Main Briefing

The 222nd Gamblers - flying Block 32 Vipers and capable of employing AGM-45 Shrike missiles - acting as a wild weasel squadron for this sortie - will be deployed at 1440Z (1640LT) for a SEAD / DEAD sortie along the PPT 59 sector (aprox. 10nm East of Sur).

Acting as Package 745, they will be comprised of two 4-ship flights - Bulldog 5 (SEAD) and Plasma 5 (DEAD).

Lancer 4 - 4 ship - F-15C IAF - Patrolling 25-30 nm West of Sur, feet wet - will be providing DCA / Air-to-Air support.

Magic 3 - E-3 - will be the AWACS on station during this sortie.

Primary Task: Destroy the Fan Song radar at the target area.
Secondary Task: Destroy all six SA-2 launchers at the target area.
Success criteria: primary task completed and no more than 25% loses of friendly intra-package aircraft.

Additional Notes:
- Homeplate: Ben Gurion | Alternate: Sde Dov
- Loadout:
  1. Bulldog 5:
2 x AGM-45 Shrike | 2 x AIM-9L Sidewinder | 1 x Tank 300gal
  • Plasma 5:
6 x AGM-65B Maverick | 4 x CBU-71/B | 2 x AIM-9L Sidewinder | 1 x Tank 300gal
Bulldog 5's loadout is fixed! Plasma 5's loadout may be changed as necessary.
The flight route / altitude may be altered as necessary!

- Enemy air threats are not expected.
- Expected enemy SHORAD and AAA units beyond the FLOT marked as PPTs.
- Friendly forces marked as Contact Points (PPT 62 and PPT 63 - Sur)

ATO: http://www.440thvfw.com/app.php/ato/mission/937 - additional info, please read.

Zeus
222nd C/O

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Re: Operation Harlequin - ITO 1980

Post by Zeus » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Sounds like a fun one - sorry I'm going to miss it.
Win 11 Pro 64 bit | i9-12900 @ 5.6GHz | Noctua CPU cooler |Trident Z Series 32 GB 5600 DDR5 ram |
NVidia 1080 gtx| 1x49" Curved plus 1x22" for gauge extractions | Cougar w/ FSSB| Cougar MFDs | Saitek rudders | Home Cockpit

Archer

Flight Activity

Certifications

Post by Archer » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:25 am

We can always refly it ;)

I think this might be too much of a walk in the park, so depending on how we perform, I might make a new and more challenging SEAD/DEAD.

Zeus
222nd C/O

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Post by Zeus » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:06 pm

And this morning our plans fell through so I'm available and I see it has been rescheduled. Well, that's kind of how my week has been going. Oh well, looking forward to any future posting.
Win 11 Pro 64 bit | i9-12900 @ 5.6GHz | Noctua CPU cooler |Trident Z Series 32 GB 5600 DDR5 ram |
NVidia 1080 gtx| 1x49" Curved plus 1x22" for gauge extractions | Cougar w/ FSSB| Cougar MFDs | Saitek rudders | Home Cockpit

Archer

Flight Activity

Certifications

Post by Archer » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:23 pm

Yeah, I ended up deciding to fly yesterday night, but then I wouldn't be able tonight. Since no one signed up I took it off the ATO for now.

Are you available to fly any work day this week? It's a bit difficult to probe how many people will be available before putting it on the ATO, and then it's even worse to have to change the date in the ATO after already posted.

If people interested could put here in this thread one or more days they would be available, I'll put it back on the ATO for day the most people are available.