Operation Squirrel Monkey

Wing flight planning and after action reports. Planning for other community flights too.
Nick

Flight Activity

Certifications

Operation Squirrel Monkey

Post by Nick » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:05 pm

Ghastly

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Re: Operation Squirrel Monkey

Post by Ghastly » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:42 pm

Reminds me of this one time I was in Malaysia organizing a bilateral exercise! I was holed up in the hotel on the weekend and down the road was a cluster of fast food style restaurants. The roadside had a decent sized fence separating it from the treeline and on it were "don't feed the monkeys" signs every few sections. I picked up my takeout and got an ice cream cone to enjoy on my walk back because it was HOT. I was about 3 quarters of the way back when I looked back and had several monkeys following me. I stopped and looked at them for a few moments as they stood frozen in place. Turned around to finish my walk and nearly soiled my pants. Others took the opportunity to surround me while I was admiring the few behind me. This mob of monkeys didn't budge as I motioned and yelled for them to get back. I took a step and one showed it's teeth. I offered up the ice cream cone and tossed it to the side and they all scrambled to get it like it was they were all suffering from sugar withdrawals. The fastest sprint of my life happened right then while I tried to capitalize on my distraction. I made it back safely and when I entered the lobby a laughing receptionist explained I wasn't the first guest terrorized for their ice cream cone 😃

Nick

Flight Activity

Certifications

Post by Nick » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:21 am

Very nice story Ghastly. Got your pic in my mind and could smell your fear. ;) Good, you got off so lightly. Unfortunately, during this operation there will be no ice cream to help you escape from the wild monkey gang. :mrgreen:

Zeus
222nd C/O

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Post by Zeus » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:21 pm

That's hilarious...and probably foreshadows Nick's plan for enemy air activity. :) Looking forward to the mission.
Win 11 Pro 64 bit | i9-12900 @ 5.6GHz | Noctua CPU cooler |Trident Z Series 32 GB 5600 DDR5 ram |
NVidia 1080 gtx| 1x49" Curved plus 1x22" for gauge extractions | Cougar w/ FSSB| Cougar MFDs | Saitek rudders | Home Cockpit