Newbie Inbound

Public discussion topics
Ramious

Newbie Inbound

Post by Ramious » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:30 am

Greeting 440th. my names Greg , callsign Ramious. While i have flown BMS in the past, it's been years. I just got BMS installed and acquired an X45 HOTAS, Trackir coming soon. I would really love to apply to fly with the 440th but at this time I am having all kinds of issues getting my x45 to play nice with Win10 and working properly in BMS 4.34. I don't know if anyone here would be willing to reach and help me with this but I sure would Appreciate any and hall help. I really dont want to put in and application to fly until I get the issues sorted out. To that end I'll keep researching and hope to hear from some one. thanks in advance for asistence.

Zeus
222nd C/O

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Re: Newbie Inbound

Post by Zeus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:18 am

Hi Ramious,
Welcome back to BMS - if you enjoyed it before you'll love it now! What kinds of issues are you having? I would start by just making sure Windows recognizes the device and all buttons. If that works then verify BMS sees it as just a pure joystick (no mapping software, etc.). Once that's done you can add mapping software if needed.

Shout out here with some additional details and I'm pretty sure someone will be able to help.
Win 10 Pro 64 bit | i7-5820 @ 3.30 | Cooler Master CPU cooler |16 GB Corsair 2400 DDR3 ram |
NVidia 1080 gtx| 3x24" plus 1x22" for gauge extractions | Cougar w/ FSSB| Cougar MFDs | Saitek rudders | Home Cockpit

Ramious

Post by Ramious » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:36 am

Thanks Zues. I actually found a thread on here dealing with my ramp start issues of not being able to get the jet to spoil up. I'm working my way through that thread and got my throttle working in pit , however, I cant get the idle detent to take. Seems alt-i is not working for me. the rest is just trying to get a working profile through the SST software that will work for the X45. May I ask for a link to you Discord?

Derk
176th C/O

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Post by Derk » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 pm

Hi Ramious. Thanks for stopping by and checking out the 440th. Your HOTAS issue should have an easy resolution once it's identified. I'd not let that hold you back from applying if that is your interest. Seems all of us struggle with one thing or another in our setup, and either resolve it in forums or on the member TeamSpeak channel. My question is to ask if you are using 'any' sort of profile software or custom HOTAS configuration, or if you only just connected the X45 and set it up inside BMS. (no other running software). If not running it stock, what are you running? Clicking the Alt-I at the correct time in the start cycle (RPM's steady at 25%, Batt in Norm) you should hear a 'click' when it's pressed and if your in idle position (verified in the BMS controls setting before flight), it should start up.

Badger

Flight Activity

Post by Badger » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 am

Howdy and welcome Ramious

Seems as though I remember that call sign from long ago.
Have we flown together? At one time, long ago, my call sign was Venom.

As to the X-45, the common wisdom seems to be to avoid using SST software.
Many HOTAS users swear by the Alternative Launcher: https://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/sho ... hlight=x45

I've not used it myself but, might be worth a try in your case.

Second to what Derk said; no need to wait, get that app in.

Ramious

Post by Ramious » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:58 am

Thank you Derk and Badger. yeah the SST Software is not going to work unfortunately. I did get it sorted for BMS for the most part and finally got a successful engine start by moving my idle detent up just a hair. I have already submitted my application and cant wait to get started on this new adventure with all of you. Badger we may have flown in the past . It's been many moons sense i have been in the pit. I've flown with the 29th, that was AF though. the 31st and the 1St. with Open Falcon and then BMS. I will just have to figure my set up out as we go, I plan to order my trackir Monday. Man I'm getting excited to blow stuff up again. Looking forward to seeing you all in the unfriendly skies.

Derk
176th C/O

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Post by Derk » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:40 am

Ramious wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:58 am
I plan to order my trackir Monday. Man I'm getting excited to blow stuff up again. Looking forward to seeing you all in the unfriendly skies.
Glad to hear you have it sorted for now. Put a rush in on that Track IR. I find it necessary so you need it 'now'! :D
We do tend to blow stuff up around here, but more so learn to push the flying level to as close to a real Viper pilot, while remaining at an entertainment level.

Festus

Flight Activity

Post by Festus » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:25 pm

welcome. I have some Saitek stuff if you can't get things let me know it might be able to help.

Ramious

Post by Ramious » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:00 am

Festus wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:25 pm
welcome. I have some Saitek stuff if you can't get things let me know it might be able to help.
Thanks Festus, I bought this x45 used and it didn't come with an install disc. so far i have not been able to get any of the profiles i've downloaded to load up in SST. the x45 uses the .dat file type and even when i try to install the older software I get an error of SAI3DVEIWER.dll missing . So even the older software will not load the profile. when I try to use the newer software and load a .prO profile , it gives me there is no profile for the device and so that wont load a profile either. I have the stick working in Windows using the latest drivers and falcon is seeing the HOTAS as well. The only solution I can think of is to just map the basics in BMS. I just hate It stops me from using the modes, I like having it programmed for mode 1 A-A mode 2 A-G and mode 3 nav. it you think there is a way to get this working with SST I would really appreciate it .

Boomer

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Post by Boomer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:35 am

Have you tried the profiles in "/Falcon BMS 4.34/Docs/01 Input Devices/03 HOTAS Setup/Saitek X-45" ?
The X-36 and -45s were good sticks. The -36 looked a lot cooler (all black). The pure DirectX BMS .key files are very close to a realistic layout.
Win7 x64 | Ryzen5 1600@3.2G | 16G DDR4@3200 | 3x24+1 YAME@GTX 1060 6GB
TM Cougar FCC-3 / MFD / Elite Rudder | TUSBA R1 | TIR3 + UTC Mk II | AST-2B-4

Ramious

Post by Ramious » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:05 am

Boomer wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:35 am
Have you tried the profiles in "/Falcon BMS 4.34/Docs/01 Input Devices/03 HOTAS Setup/Saitek X-45" ?
The X-36 and -45s were good sticks. The -36 looked a lot cooler (all black). The pure DirectX BMS .key files are very close to a realistic layout.
Boomer thanks for telling about this , I had no idea they were in BMS. I did give the x45 set up a go, one thing wrong with it , I can slew the mouse stick on the throttle to the FCR cursor . if I could accomplish that I think i'd be all set .

Festus

Flight Activity

Post by Festus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:46 pm

I use this program to get the stick working, Regedit for ministick V2.

Ramious

Post by Ramious » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Festus wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:46 pm
I use this program to get the stick working, Regedit for ministick V2.
thank you Festus , that worked like a charm yahooooooooo :D