Tyrant's Virtual Missions Tools Q&A

Public discussion topics
Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Re: Tyrant's Virtual Missions Tools Q&A

Post by Tyrant » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Work still progressing. Cloud cover and towering cumulus implemented. The little "hats" on the circles indicate towering cumulus.
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 8.46.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 8.46.36 AM.png (23.55 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 8.46.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 8.46.44 AM.png (838.84 KiB) Viewed 1497 times

Zeus
222nd C/O

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Post by Zeus » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Wow! Looking great!!
Win 10 Pro 64 bit | i7-5820 @ 3.30 | Cooler Master CPU cooler |16 GB Corsair 2400 DDR3 ram |
NVidia 1080 gtx| 3x24" plus 1x22" for gauge extractions | Cougar w/ FSSB| Cougar MFDs | Saitek rudders | Home Cockpit

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Beta Release Available

Post by Tyrant » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:51 am

Update: just found a bad bug in this version. Do not use - can crash BMS when loading the generated weather.

OK, I believe VMT is now at beta status. This means that everything's done but there are still a couple minor bugs that I know about and I expect to find more. As always, you can download this version from the "dev" channel here:

http://org.craigandera.vmt.s3-website-u ... s.com/dev/

It would really help me out to have people trying this to see how it works for them, and to report bugs here.

The big thing that changed in this release is the weather. VMT now generates weather that varies across the map in the following categories:

- Visibility
- Weather Type
- Cloud coverage
- Cloud size
- Cloud base
- Cumulus towering
- Winds both at ground level and aloft
- Temperature
- Pressure

There are knobs for controlling all these, so you can influence the range

I've also removed "wind stability areas" rolled it into an overhauled "weather overrides" feature. You can now control any weather parameter, not just wind and weather type, setting it to change to whatever you like and havnig it fade in/out for a more gentle transition. Want to create a wind sheer layer at 9000 feet? You can do that. Want to have cumulus clouds start towering up around home plate on return? You can do that too. Etc.

What's left:

- Fix a bug where sometimes changes to weather parameters don't trigger an update in the displayed weather.
- Write all the missing help strings.

Enjoy!

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Post by Tyrant » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:55 pm

Unfortunately, I just found a bad bug in this version. Using the generated weather can crash BMS. I'll get it fixed. Hopefully no one is affected. This is what beta is for, though! :)

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Post by Tyrant » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:00 pm

I'm going to leave this version posted so people can still look at the features and (if so inclined) find bugs in VMT itself. Just don't save the weather and try to fly a mission with it.

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Post by Tyrant » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:51 pm

OK, this time for real! v058-19 now available on the dev channel.

http://org.craigandera.vmt.s3-website-u ... s.com/dev/

This is another beta release, but I fixed a bunch of bugs, including a few nasty ones I found when testing out the fixes for the last batch. I also added the ability to override temperature and visibility, since it was easy and it was an obvious omission.

Please have a try if you feel so inclined. Hopefully a full release will follow before too long, but I'm hoping some of you will help me find a few more bugs before that happens.

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

4.35 compatible VMT Inbound

Post by Tyrant » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:13 pm

I've got a version of VMT that I think will work with 4.35. Will be posting it before too long.

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Post by Tyrant » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:13 pm

Available here:

http://org.craigandera.vmt.s3-website-u ... /435-beta/

Would love it if people could give it a test drive and report any problems they find. This time, unlike with the 4.34 version, I promise I will finish the updates and post to the stable channel once we're happy with it.

Welp, I guess now I have to get my 4.35 setup flyable so I can make sure the generated weather works. :)

Tyrant
Site Admin

Flight Activity

Post by Tyrant » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:43 pm

New version up that should work with Balkans and ITO. It's still a beta version because the workaround for Balkans and ITO is a temporary hack that I need to find a better way to handle. But in the meantime, here's something that should work.

http://org.craigandera.vmt.s3-website-u ... /435-beta/