Yes I'm still alive !!!

Public discussion topics
Skat

Flight Activity

Yes I'm still alive !!!

Post by Skat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:03 pm

And yes ive been lurking & looking lately at the forums and ATO. It nice to see the wing is still active. To bad i cant see "all" the content. Life is much better now since 03 NOV. 2018. It took almost 4 years to be normal again. Congrats to those of you that received those Hours Patches. Since I've been gone. Also to those that have progressed with the VFW. To the current cadet Wheaties, It looks like your banging thru IQT with no probs. so far. You have no idea about the group your about to become a part of. Take it from me. "THERE IS NO BETTER !!!" And I don't mean just flying BMS. A special hello to the 3 in this VFW that I admire most. You know who you are. Who knows, I may come around more in the future. Again Im glad to see some of you are still here. Take care and enjoy life, be good to yourself, and be good to your family.

Buttons

Flight Activity

Re: Yes I'm still alive !!!

Post by Buttons » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:58 pm

Hi Skat, glad to see you stop by. I think I missed your time with the Gamblers by about half a year but once a Gambler always a Gambler I say. You sure are right about the people we have here in the wing, there's none better for having a good time while learning the ins-and-outs of the sim.

Let me shamelessly throw it out there, if you can't hop into the sim right now, that the 440th's YouTube page is the next best thing. Mostly it's one of your favorites making the videos so you get to see it all from their perspective. You get to see a lot of the wing SOP, you miss the briefs and debriefs, that's where more than just a little fun happens, I guess I better say some learning happens in the debrief otherwise Derk and Zeus will "remind" me of the purpose again.

If your looking for a little stick time with some friendly faces I'd be happy to be your gateway drug...er I mean I'd be happy to do a little flying with ya. I've got a nice little training exercise if you'd just like to practice flying formation in multiplayer, maybe handle the comms and the ATC around the base. Let me know, once a Gambler, always a Gambler I say.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit | i7-960 @ 3.20 | 16 GB 1066 mhz DDR3 ram |NVidia 1060 gtx | VKB Gunfighter 3/MCG Pro |X56 Throttle | Cougar MFDs over top Raspberry PI 640x480 LCD's

Derk
176th C/O

Flight Activity

Certifications

Mission Participation

Re: Yes I'm still alive !!!

Post by Derk » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:18 pm

Thanks for dropping by to say Hi and the kind words Skat! Glad your time with the 440th was positive and entertaining, and things are looking up in life.